Software Update on Windows 8
1. Go to Windows 8 Home screen by pressing the windows key.
2. Drag the mouse to left of the screen. An “>” and “-“ button will show up. Click the “-“ button.
3. Click on “Settings” in the new tab that gets displayed.
4. Click on “Change PC settings” in the new tab.
5. New “PC Settings” screen will open, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Windows Update” and click on “Check for updates now“.
6. OS will check for update.
7. If updates are available, you can directly download and install updates from the page. I had enabled auto-update on my machine.