– All boys must, by law, learn to play rugby.
– It is forbidden to run a Marathon in less than 3 hours 30 minutes.
– Anyone not willing to work a 16 hour day can be thrown into prison.
– At the age of thirty unmarried women become the property of the state.
– It is illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear.
– In Arizona, donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs and you may be imprisoned for 25 years for cutting down a cactus.
– In Baldwin Park, California, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
– In Los Angeles, a man can legally beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can’t be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife’s consent to beat her with a wider strap. Consent should be given prior to the event, as is carefully stipulated.(You must be kidding!)
– Cars whose license plates end with a 1 or 2 are not allowed on the roads on Monday, 3 or 4 on Tuesday, 5 or 6 on Wednesday, 7 or 8 on Thursday, and 9 or 0 on Friday from 7:00 AM onwards to keep roads free of traffic jams
South Korea :
– Traffic policemen are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists. (Imagine this in India.)
– Prostitution is legal but it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute.
United Kingdom :
– The head of any dead whale found on the British coast becomes automatically the propriety of the king. The whale tail is the property of the Queen.
– It is legal to kill a Scottish if you find him in the old town area, but only if he carries an arc with arrows.
– In city of Liverpool, home of The Beatles, a woman is prohibited by law to walk around topless, unless she is selling exotic fish at the market.
– In Scotland the law obliges citizens to allow whoever knocks on their door to use their toilet.
– Although it is illegal for children to buy cigarettes, condoms and alcohol, it is legal to use them.
– It is illegal to dress as Batman. (I hate this rule. My favorite super hero is Batman.)
– Donald Duck was once banned for not wearing pants.
– It is illegal to name a pig ‘Napoleon’
I am not really sure whether some of these laws ever existed. But we all can do with little laughter.