Before starting on this I would like to thank Ashish, Pearl and Neil for sending me the mail with these quotes.
Sir Issac Newton compiled the three laws of motion. The most easiest of the 3 laws to remember is “Every Action has an equal and an opposite reaction.”.
It’s time to you how to make Sir Issac Newton very proud by applying his 3rd law of motion on English proverbs. “Every proverb has an equal and an opposite proverb!”
1. All good things come to those who wait BUT Time and tide wait for no man.
2. The pen is mightier than the sword BUT Actions speak louder than words.
3. Wise men think alike BUT Fools seldom differ.
4. The best things in life are free BUT There are no such things as a free lunch.
5. Slow and steady wins the race BUT Time waits for no man.
6. Look before you leap BUT Strike while the iron is hot.
7. Do it well, or not at all BUT Half a loaf is better than none.
8. Birds of feather flock together BUT Opposite attracts.
9. Don’t cross your bridges before you come to them BUT Forewarned is forearmed.
10. Doubt is the beginning of wisdom BUT Faith will move mountains.
11. Great starts makes great finishes BUT It isn’t over till it’s over.
12. Practice makes perfect BUT All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
13. Silence is golden BUT The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
14. You are never too late to learn BUT You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
15. What’s good for goose is good for the gander BUT One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
16. Absences makes the heart grow fonder BUT Out of sight, out of mind.
17. Too many cooks spoil the broth BUT Many hands make light work.
18. Hold fast to the words of your ancestor BUT Wise men make proverbs and fools repeat them.
I had a Mathematics teacher in high school who used to say “To prove that a theorem is correct you have to prove that it is correct for all the cases. But to prove that the theorem is wrong you need only 1 case for which the theorem fails”.
Here is contrary to this theorem
1. A full cup must be carried steadily.
We have not proved anything here!!!!!!!